April 9, 2010
Regarding ‘Macedonia under pressure to solve ‘name dispute’‘:
One more time we are seeing a typical Greek destructive anti-Europe policy in the guise of Greek foreign policy and Mr. Droutsas.
I would like to make the following points:
1. There is also a prefix before the name ‘Macedonia’: ‘Republic of’. The term ‘Republic of Macedonia’ describes a political subject in the region, a state under the ‘long’ name Republic of Macedonia. North Greece is just a geographical region called Macedonia for internal use in Greece. This Greek region does not ‘deal’ at international level.
2. Greece is forcing a prefix ‘North’ and the name ‘North Macedonia’ because in the Greek nationalistic-expansionist ideology, usually Greece calls south Albania ‘North Epirus’. In Greek educational textbooks, Greek historians talk about yet to be liberated ‘North Epirus’. Epirus is also a region in western Greece.
3. The destructive Greek ideology, which is forcing ‘North Macedonia’ in place of ‘Republic of Macedonia’, is negative for the Balkan region in the coming decades. Every geographical ‘prefix’ associating every person with divisions between peoples and nations. Can you name one sensitive region in the world where there is no conflict surrounding the use of geographical prefixes?
4. The ‘Republic of Macedonia’ is a name for its citizens. They have the right to self-determination. This is a basic human right for every human being.
5. The name ‘Republic of Macedonia’ is the most neutral term for peaceful coexistence in South-East Europe.
6. We can see Greece’s lies at financial level. What about Greek lies against basic EU principles?
Greece is not respecting the Macedonian minority in North Greece at all.
Pavlos Filipov Vskopoulos
Member of EFA-RAINBOW
http://www.florina.orgAuthor : Letters to the EurActiv editor